PVC thickness for LP60

krellious

Hey guys,

I am finally getting my butt into gear and setting up my Air pump. I would like to know

1 what thickness pvc i should use

2 what connectors to use for the tubing from PVC to the tank and do i silicone them on to stop air leaking.

3 I will have the pvc in a loop so it can only get out via the sponges. I am having about 15 sponges on the system, will the air pressure build up in the line and somehow damage the pump?

4 The pump will be on the ground and the PVC near the garage roof. I will have about 11m of PVC. WIll the Pump be able to pump up to the roof and still have enough pressure to run 15+ sponges?

Thanks guys

Hey guys,

I am finally getting my butt into gear and setting up my Air pump. I would like to know

1 what thickness pvc i should use

20 or 25mm will be fine

2 what connectors to use for the tubing from PVC to the tank and do i silicone them on to stop air leaking.

i use the 4mm threaded connectors from garden irrigation/ dripper systems, drill a hole slightly smaller that the thread and screw it in, if its leaking then a little pvc adhesive goes the job

3 I will have the pvc in a loop so it can only get out via the sponges. I am having about 15 sponges on the system, will the air pressure build up in the line and somehow damage the pump?

i would put a valve in there, you may not need it but better to build it in than retrofit. an LP60 will probably have more air thn you need for 15 sponges

4 The pump will be on the ground and the PVC near the garage roof. I will have about 11m of PVC. WIll the Pump be able to pump up to the roof and still have enough pressure to run 15+ sponges?

Thanks guys

you dont have the same head problems with air pumps as you do with water so pressure will be fine, i would advise having the pump above the highest tank because if you have a power failure then potentially you could siphon water back into the pump and good bye LP60. either that or put one way valve in there- which may decrease pressure.

my lp60 is easily doing 30 sponges lots 2 foot deep

I would avoid the pump on the floor.

a release valve can be as simple as a flow adjustment valve, without an airline attached, again garden stuff works a treat, and is cheaper than aquarium ones

you will probably need valves for air flow adjustment aswell.

IPB Image

Thanks guys. Exactly what i needed to know. Now to find solid 20mm T pieces of pvc and im set :)

dont know if this helps , but i purchased a bundle of 20mm condut for my air lines and just used the T with the inspection plate and just sealed it with silicone. Works great . Cost me $40. For 10 lengths and a T.

Thanks guys. Exactly what i needed to know. Now to find solid 20mm T pieces of pvc and im set :)

dont know if this helps , but i purchased a bundle of 20mm condut for my air lines and just used the T with the inspection plate and just sealed it with silicone. Works great . Cost me $40. For 10 lengths and a T.

and elbows

• 2 weeks later...

helps alot dude. I was worried about using the inspection t's. I should have a few days off soon and will get to building. Shift work and home ownership doesnt give me as much spare time as i used to have

Archived