Kribensis - to move or not?

Adam_J

didnt know what topic to put this in , so sorry if it's in the wrong one..

but my pair of kribs are in a 2ft tank with about 200 almost free swimming fry...

it seems to me the female is keen to spawn again... should i remove the pair into another tank?

i dont want the fry to get eaten or killed.... they are so healthy and growing so fast.

cheers ,

Adam.

didnt know what topic to put this in , so sorry if it's in the wrong one..

but my pair of kribs are in a 2ft tank with about 200 almost free swimming fry...

it seems to me the female is keen to spawn again... should i remove the pair into another tank?

i dont want the fry to get eaten or killed.... they are so healthy and growing so fast.

cheers ,

Adam.

Move the fry not the parents. The adults will chase the fry but i very much doubt they will eat them.

Move the fry not the parents. The adults will chase the fry but i very much doubt they will eat them.

Sound advice. I have kept the fry together with the adults in a larger tank but in 2ft tank I would move them.

I would probably wait until they are free swimming and place them in a fry saver before moving them into a different tank.

I would be tempted to move the parents only because there are 2 of them but then again I have racked tanks so there is no risk of losing the parents because of change.

cheers

rosco

i just figure the parents are in a tank they are comfortable in so why change it, if you lose this batch of fry through moving tanks atleast you have a brreding pair to do the deed again. But if you lose tge adults you need to buy more fish. They will be fine together for a week or so. The parents will chase and harras there older fry. But there will be heaps swimmung around so they will spread aggression. If you want to keep breeding them seperate but if not let them all stay in the same tank and just ensure there are akot of hiding places and frequent water changes

Pretty good reasoning all in all.

The funny thing is now I have the same problem :lol3: . About 6 weeks ago I picked up 4 1 Krib's juvi's that that I was quarantining in a 45cm tank. Last week 4 turned into 2, and today the 2 have turned into 102. I have fry everywhere. Now I have to decide if I should take some of my own advice and move the parents or the fry. . Either way I don't have the tanks setup ATM, so I am not sure what to do. :dntknw:.

I might head out to Bunning's this weekend and bite the bullet and pay $7 each too much for a few bulkheads to setup a divided 4x18x18 tank. I hate doing half jobs because I never get back to what I started. Given I also have blue rams laying eggs everywhere and a pair of triple red cac's that are begging to be bred I might just do it.

cheers

Rosco

Kribensis

thought i'd post a video of a couple of my Kribs..

sorry if it's not your type of music... but it just happen to come on when i was recording the video and thought i'd just go with it lol.

first person to spot the difference gets a gold star....

Archived