DIY Tank Dividers

cooder

Hi,

I need to get a tank divider, so i want to make one. Im needing to section off my 4 fter because of aggression reasons, until i have a new tank.

My idea was a bit of Fibro, with stainless steel mesh siliconed onto the top to permit water flow.

Would Fibro affect water chemistry or leach any chemicals into the water??

Any ideas would be appreciated

Cooder

Kev

I think your bias about these :p

from reports by the guys in PCS that have tried them they

seem to work pretty good

Cooder

it depends on how neat the tank needs to look, as you can

use the base off a bread crate or make a frame from poly pipe

and silicone or stitch fly screen to it........... to position just use

suction cups for a heater as your fish won't be capable of moving it

different story with big Americans

personally I wouldn't use fibro as you don't know what could leach out of it

Chris

hmm ok. that sounds like a good idea link2hell.

Well im deffinatley NOT paying 35 bucks for a divider of AOA.

Im needing one because i have to put the lamprologus meleagris im getting in my tang community and its been reccomended that i dont do it.

until i get my 2fter im just going to have to use a divider.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

Just a thought, but if you can't comfortably house the fish I would not purchase it. From past experiance you loose fish some one or another, whether it's because they get past the divider and fight, or because they are neglected. I'd wait until you get your new tank before buying any.

hmm i cant because, you see, Noddy65 (where im getting them from) says there is no point getting only 5 or 6 fish because he has tomake a 2hr trip to the airport and back.

He pmed me back saying that hes got a bigger order and can do mine while hes doing the other one. its next tuesday.

AND, their only $15 compared to $30 from smiths aquarium down in boondall.

Apparently stappersi stress starve, so i want to keep them away from the others.

Ah well,

Thanks for the ideas!!

hmm i cant because, you see, Noddy65 (where im getting them from) says there is no point getting only 5 or 6 fish because he has tomake a 2hr trip to the airport and back.

He pmed me back saying that hes got a bigger order and can do mine while hes doing the other one. its next tuesday.

AND, their only $15 compared to $30 from smiths aquarium down in boondall.

Apparently stappersi stress starve, so i want to keep them away from the others.

Ah well,

Thanks for the ideas!!

perspex drill a few holes hold it in place with suction caps or pegs!

cut egg crate to size and fit, its cheap as.

Yeah i like the perspex as well, i used the tinted one and drilled holes every 30cm i ended up with 8mm holes as i have 5000lph flowing through mine, see pic,

mine sits behind glass brace, and little perspex tabs at top, the flow holds it against it..

IPB Image

David..

Ok well ive taken your advice mcloughlin2 and decide to pull out of the deal anyway.

Ive used the money to get some NLS (instead of my crappy aqua one stuff), Brineshrimp eggs, and a proper test kit for nitrites/nitrates.

Thanks for all the advice again. ill use this in the future 4 sure.

Cody

Archived