Electric Blues

Serial-Cichlid

Hi guys,

I'm new to electric blues and I just noticed that there were 2 constantly encircling each other. Prior to that, the male (blue) one was shifting gravel to different parts of the tank. The male also chases anything that comes near him while this is happening.

Does anybody who has experience with electric blues have any advice to offer?

Cheers

Paul

Hey Paul,

My females do this aswell but sicne you mentioned a male involved then i think he may be breeding. Also when you said he was shifting gravel around he may have been building a site to breed from and is not inticing females to come join him in some action :(: :wub:

good luck hope they breed

cheers

Richard

Not to rain on your parade, but my colony displayed this behaviour for about 4 months with no luck, so hopefully your females are in the mood. If they are in a tank on there own or with less agressive fish they should breed. Good Luck :p

Anthony :p

Hey guys

I haven't confirmed whether the the other one is female or not. I have seen a tinge of blue (very small) so it may even be a male. This is why I wasn't sure if they were fighting or mating. I will post the video clip tonight so it should be pretty conclusive then.

Hey AdelaideAnt, my friend told me his does the same thing without breeding so I'd be excited if they were breeding but not holding my breath either.

Cheers

Paul

Hey Paul,

Just wanted 2 let you know that females get a tinge of blue on their body. Is just like a glaze, or it could also be a sub-dominant male..

Looks like we have to let time take its course.

good luck my old friend

cheers

Richard

Good Stuff :^:

Wish mine were that keen, i got rid of my larger colony because there was no way they were gunna breed, the females didn't want a bar of the males. I still have a small colony im growing up to breed, 1 male 4 females this time.

Anthony ;)

Archived