frontosa not eating

MikeWs Fish

I bought a 7 bar fronny from st george aq the other day. He's just 10cm and settling in to the tank at the moment, but he is not interested in any food! I have been feeding the fish algae/veggie pellets and swapped over to sara bit pellets to see if he'd eat meat. No luck...

Any suggestions on how to coax him into eating?

Cheers,

Michael.

I have had the same problem.. Try chopping up some prawn or fish into small pieces. Or what I do is micro wave floatiing cichlid pellets in a small amout of water for about 15 seconds. It softens them up and makes them sink. They seem to like the softer food more than the hard pellets. I have noticed the would prefer to eat off the bottom rather than the surface. It also makes them expand before they get into the fishes stomach. Other than that let them starve if they want to. They come around eventually. Mine are now pigs. Also if you have more assertive fish in with them the Frontosas will usually be last in the feeding order.

Hope this helps.. Jdhogg

biggrin.gif

try ringin St George and ask what they where feeding them. Buy a small container/pack and start with that, then every third or forth day change their food to one of your other foods. after a few weeks make it every second day and they should start to eat other foods. I aint no fronny expert but this works with other fish.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Josh and Evelyn

i'm not the greatest expert on fonts but i do notice wen they get scared they tend to sulk for a while...when i bought my first 6 bar, i didn't think he would survive te night the way he was acting, swimming near vertical very skittish not eating at all...eventually he's settled and now has no probs

give it sometime they eventually come around

Try Brineshrimps and put some small (5cm)peacocks with him. You will see him swim along with d peacocks and start eating again. I keep all my 7bars babies with small peacocks, the ratio is 30:8 (because too many peacocks will leave the 7 bar with no food to eat). I feed my breeding colonies with prawns, Sera Flora (flakes) and Color Bits.

Snowfall wink.gif

Archived