Cooder's Photos

cooder

Thanks,

I should be getting some Gold Occies OR Meleagris soon. cant wait for them.

What behaviour is charecteristic of a spawn or about to spawn? just wondereing because these brevis have been acting strange...

The shellies I kept were nasty little fish, only ever had 1 spawn that I know of before the biggest male killed almost all the rest off including the 1 he was spawning with. The male appeared even more agressive towards everything and was constantly on the move over a group of shells, darting over to the females then back to his group of shells.

Not sure if that helps, I didnt have them long enough to really get to know characteristics :-(

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Just updating my photo thread...

Just recently i got 5 breeding calvus for my 4 ft display, and ive bought a 2 fter for shellies. just cant get it until august :angry: one of the females has a damaged mouth from fighting when she was a juvie

They had eggs in there shell when i got them, but they didnt survive. the pair hasnt been showing any signs lately but im hoping for the best.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is the deformed female:

IPB Image

Not sure if ive already posted a pic of this tank, but here is my new brevis tank:

IPB Image

Thanks for looking and hope youve enjoyed the thread,

Cody

Thanks for the updates. Good shots of them all, good luck with the calvus, great fish. Mine are still too young but fun to keep and they look cool.

Nice little tank setup for your brevis, the orange shells really stand out.

Archived