tank tips diy bio

markfnq

just setting up a 500 l tank waiting on my eheim pro 3 2075 . want to stock well , wondering if its going to be enough .thinking of setting up a diy gravity fed bio. it wont look pretty .mayby drill hole in wall have it outside. wife not impressed. new house! can a sub pump do the job? what size pump?? pushing the budget but i would like to have an efficient setup. another cheap cannister ?. any other tips greatly appreciated . THANKS FOR ANY FEEDBACK

just setting up a 500 l tank waiting on my eheim pro 3 2075 . want to stock well , wondering if its going to be enough .thinking of setting up a diy gravity fed bio. it wont look pretty .mayby drill hole in wall have it outside. wife not impressed. new house! can a sub pump do the job? what size pump?? pushing the budget but i would like to have an efficient setup. another cheap cannister ?. any other tips greatly appreciated . THANKS FOR ANY FEEDBACK

gravity fed bio sounds good try a sump dont drill a hole out side though not because its a new house but more the fact that heating electricaty bill wil go through the roof !

pump just needs to be as powerfull as you want because you control that!

p.s. what does stock well mean?

I doubt that heating would be an issue in Cairns

heat is not the prob . power blackout in wet season can be . that was y i was thinking of the diy bio that can also be run on 12 volt as a backup

• 2 weeks later...

diy trickle filter on top of ya tank is the way to go,

if ya dont care about looks,

when we get blackouts i jus put the battery airator in the tank and if its a long blackout tip small buckets of water into the filter to keep the bacteria nice n wet.

HTH Brett

diy trickle filter on top of ya tank is the way to go,

if ya dont care about looks,

when we get blackouts i jus put the battery airator in the tank and if its a long blackout tip small buckets of water into the filter to keep the bacteria nice n wet.

HTH Brett

it works a treat only 400 x 400 x 400. wool , coral bones , bio noodles , gutter guard. runs on a 750 l hr pump . keeps my 500 L Spotless. still waiting for my eheim to turn up.but its doing the job

sounds good to me,

i have trickle bio setup on my 6x2x18 and its full up with fry and stays nice n clean with a weekly water change.

sump is next best thing is you can afford it anf have room under the tank for a sump.

Archived