Copadichromis chrysonotus

intern1

Hi,

I am thinking about getting a few of these juvies. Was wondering if anyone is keeping them and how have there experieinces been.

Through reading the malawi cichlid book it explains they are an open water cichlid which breeds commony in open water and upper water columns and also they grow to 13cm. Anyone have any more info before I get these or have any pictures of juvies and what size they start to show sexual maturity

Cheers

John

hi mate never had them but i have some f1 copadichromis Borleyi crocodile rock and find them great to keep and if there any thing like them they will color up at about 8 cm, i have 4 males together in my 5x2x2 and there is no fighting between them or anything else in the tank, manly because they are an open water species with no set territory except when they spawn even then its only for a short time. Copadichromis chrysonotus juveniles are plain silver with normally three black spots down the side. hope that helps

according to Ad Konings these are the old Haplochromis Jacksoni, had these a long time back and males will color at about 6-8cm very peaceful fish and normally not to hard on the girls. Have started to see a a limited few of these come back now in the shops around sydney

John

Saw some at an aquarium an the males had a yellow sulfar crest is that normal around 8cm mark the employee stayed that they attained them from catfish is this normal in the males development

Cheers

John

Definately NO there is no yellow crest to this fish

IPB Image

cheers John

Called st marys aquarium one of the employee stated they do not sell copadichromis Chrysonutus although they have some chrysonutus which hr didn't know the price and explained couldn't tell me although if I go in person he could give me an idea

Archived