Fronnies and Black Calvus

shelly

Hi guys

I currently have a colony of 8 6bar Burundi Frontosia, biggest 1 is about 15cms and i was wondering if it would be ok to add some black calvus to the tank.

Some people i have talked to say that Fronnies will eat them, but i have been trying to feed my fronnies guppys and the guppys are still swimming around. Surely Calvus would have more chance than a guppy.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone done it b4?

TIA Aaron

Depend how big your Calvus is. I have breeding Fronties colony living with few Calvus, Gold Comps (6-8cm), and they seen happy together.

Cheers

Peter

Hi guys

I currently have a colony of 8 6bar Burundi Frontosia, biggest 1 is about 15cms and i was wondering if it would be ok to add some black calvus to the tank.

Some people i have talked to say that Fronnies will eat them, but i have been trying to feed my fronnies guppys and the guppys are still swimming around. Surely Calvus would have more chance than a guppy.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone done it b4?

TIA Aaron

Yeah the rule of thumb is if an aggressive fish (like most tangs) can fit a fish in its mouth well its LIKELY (not garunteed) that the smaller fish will be eaten.

but i think if you have sub/adult with lots of small caves and crannies then it should be allright.

HTH

Cooder

i have mobas with black perls and blacks no probs

mobas 12-19cm 2m 6 f black perls calv x 5 m/f 5cm-9cm same with the black calv

i have heaps of pipes and b/n logs in the 8x2.5x2.5 and a heap of pots as well so no probs at all

penny wise

Archived