NLS causing cloudy water

fronty_man

Hey i just started feeding my fronts nls and i was just wondering if neone else has the dramas of it coulding there water before i started using it the water was crystal clear...

I found that the fronts really likeit but i dont want to keep using it if its going to keep clouding my water....

before everyone says im feeding too much i only feed pinch fulls at a time pretty much no pellets hit the ground......

has neone else come accross this???

I have not. What is your ammonia? It could also be a bacterial bloom that will go. I can only think that the NLS has other nutrients that your tanks bacteria cannot handle yet. I suspect it will clear. What was the previous diet and which NLS are you using.

I'm just wondering whether you are feeding the 3mm pellet and whether it's too big for the fish? They will eat it no probs but they will also expel most of it through their gills! Unless they are about 15cm+ I prefer the 2mm pellet. My big synspillum only takes the 3mm and the other smaller fish expel some through their gills. Just my experience.

Cheers

hey guys thanks for the feedback

tested my water and are as follows ...

ph=8.4

ammonia=0

nitrite=0

nitrate= 60ppm (high which is strange im wondering if this is an effect of the NLS having certain nutrients that my bacteria isnt used to yet or what... i will do waterchange tomoz..)

Gh=16

Kh=14

so everything apart from nitrate is sweet really mmm strange one...

umm yeh i have the 3mm med fish formula should i give the cichlid one ago?? i heard its all preetty much the same apart from the thera a which has more garlic in it....

its hard to choose a size cus its a colony of fronts ranging from 8 cm to 22cm theres about 20 or so....

I think your GH is too high and should be around 10

the 3mm is the large fish formula and the 2mm is the medium fish formula. The 1mm pellet which comes in the cichlid and Thera-A etc, maybe too small for your fish. I know that my fish that are more than 10cm prefer the 2mm and the 3mm but as mentioned, the smaller ones that eat the 3mm expell some through their gills.

Yes the Thera-A has a large dose of garlic and is awesome but a 2mm version is yet to arrive in Aus :)

Personally I mix the Thera-A 3mm and large fish 3mm together to avoid a massive garlic smell :roll IF the fish don't look too well then they get only the Thera-A for about a week.

hey guys thanks for the feedback

tested my water and are as follows ...

ph=8.4

ammonia=0

nitrite=0

nitrate= 60ppm (high which is strange im wondering if this is an effect of the NLS having certain nutrients that my bacteria isnt used to yet or what... i will do waterchange tomoz..)

Gh=16

Kh=14

so everything apart from nitrate is sweet really mmm strange one...

umm yeh i have the 3mm med fish formula should i give the cichlid one ago?? i heard its all preetty much the same apart from the thera a which has more garlic in it....

its hard to choose a size cus its a colony of fronts ranging from 8 cm to 22cm theres about 20 or so....

If you are having a bacterial bloom, it is not really related to water conditions...it just seems to happen. It will also clear by itself, so if everything is otherwise looking good, just wait for it to clear.

I put baby sized spoon (what ever size fits your fish's needs) of 3mm and a half spoon of 1 mm to cater for different sized fish.

Archived