Phenominal New Book!

Randall

Hello all,

Due out in May 2004 is the English edition of The Cichlids of Western Africa by Dr. Anton Lamboj. For those who are German language friendly, the German edition is already available.

This book is comprehensive in its scope and breadth and covers all of the cichlid species from Senegal, in the north, to Namibia, in the south. I've proofread certain sections of the book, and it is not to be believed!

For further information, please have a look at the following promotion:

Apistogramma.com

Thank you.

All the best,

Randall Kohn

Thanks for that Randall. I have been trying to get my hands on a copy of Cichlids of West Africa 'Linke & Staecke' for the past few months without success as it is out of press. Perhaps someone of this Forum wants to sell me their copy for a handsome price ? Hopefully Seahorses should have the new book by Lomboj in stock soon.

Thanks for that Randall.  I have been trying to get my hands on a copy of Cichlids of West Africa 'Linke & Staecke' for the past few months without success as it is out of press.  Perhaps someone of this Forum wants to sell me their copy for a handsome price ?    Hopefully Seahorses should have the new book by Lomboj in stock soon.

Dear Daniel,

Since the English edition was published in 1994, Linke & Staeck's book has been the "bible" to western African cichlid hobbyists. Not only does Dr. Lamboj pick up where Linke & Staeck left off, he blows them out of the water!

One could go on and on about this book, but it really needs to be read to be believed.

Happy fishing!

All the best,

Randall Kohn

Hi Randall,

When this book becomes available to the public, I would be interested in a copy. Is it possible for someone to order a heap (at reduced cost) and distribute them?

merjo

Thanks Randall.

Merjo,

Not a bad idea. I have very recently myself arranged a bulk book order from Seahorses in the US to save costs such as shipping and payment/exchange costs etc. The big problem being that many overseas retailers do not accept credit cards for foreign purhcases, which becomes a a pain in the a....! Anyway, I would be happy to participate in such an order and would even be prepared to make all arrangements if need be. Other books could be included in such a bulk order.

Daniel

Hello all,

Due out in May 2004 is the English edition of The Cichlids of Western Africa by Dr. Anton Lamboj. For those who are German language friendly, the German edition is already available.

This book is comprehensive in its scope and breadth and covers all of the cichlid species from Senegal, in the north, to Namibia, in the south. I've proofread certain sections of the book, and it is not to be believed!

For further information, please have a look at the following promotion:

Apistogramma.com

Thank you.

All the best,

Randall Kohn

Randal

You state "this book is not to be believe, does this mean it is not worth reading?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Mates,

Dr. Lamboj's new German language book was released in March, and I have copy. This book clearly exceeds my expectations. Be you a beginner hobbyist, advanced hobbyist or scientist, there's something in it for everyone! There is extensive discussion concerning systematics, biotopes, water chemistry, husbandry, breeding and, of course, the fish themselves. Every species from western Africa is included, even the rare and elusive, and photos abound. How often do we see good photos of such rarities as Limbochromis robertsi, Heterochromis multidens, Hemichromis cerasogaster, Pelvicachromis rubrolabiatus and Parananochromis ornatus, to cite just a few?

There's been some discussion in this thread concerning a bulk order of Dr. Lamboj's English language book, when it is available. I am in contact with the publisher and have already facilitated such an arrangement here in the States. Who in Australia is interested in obtaining a copy, and who may I contact concerning a bulk order, please? I may be contacted privately at randall@apistogramma.com

Thanks all!

All the best,

Randall Kohn

Archived