Best filter for breeding bristlenose?

cprize

In our community tank we have put flyscreen over the intake of the overhead filter when we noticed they had bred. My fry tanks have sponge filters and are much easier.

BTW anyone have any tips of cathing 50 BN fry in a heavily planted tank. I am dreading it.

Sponge filters :thumb

And some wood on the tank as well. Not as a filter but something for the fry to munch. A lot of people forget this most important step.

As for catching BN's in a planted tank, Put a coke bottle in the tank with some algae wafer's inside. See how you go, works for me when I have snails ;)

In our community tank we have put flyscreen over the intake of the overhead filter when we noticed they had bred. My fry tanks have sponge filters and are much easier.

BTW anyone have any tips of cathing 50 BN fry in a heavily planted tank. I am dreading it.

make a trap yhere are heaps on here!

make a sponge filter out of a bottle foam and air line search on here i would say that you use 2!

Bio filtration is fine in there but mechanical is lacking. I will have to work out a trap. I will also have to get some more fry tanks.

make a trap yhere are heaps on here!

make a sponge filter out of a bottle foam and air line search on here i would say that you use 2!

Archived