Convict tank mates

Batty

I have a 30inch tank with a pair of convicts in, would it be OK to add say something like 6 tiger barbs or 6 neons for colour.

It's not wise to keep anything with a pair of convicts.

Even big american Tank mates can and do get thrashed during spawning time.

Neons or barbs would get eaten or just plain mutilated. Convicts are nasty little critters when spawning.

If you had a single convict you would have much more choices.

I thought that something else in the tank would encourage them out of the hidy holes, I hardly see them except for feeding time.

I think Tiger barbs would be ok.They keep to the middle/top of tank. Neons would be eaten.Have your tank set up with spawning sites at each end of the tank.That way the barbs have a chance with the other end free.How high is your tank, as that would heip as well. Convicts are as said ruthless when spawning.

I think Tiger barbs would be ok.They keep to the middle/top of tank. Neons would be eaten.Have your tank set up with spawning sites at each end of the tank.That way the barbs have a chance with the other end free.How high is your tank, as that would heip as well. Convicts are as said ruthless when spawning.

Tank is 15" high and 12" deep I have a teapot with the spout cut off inverted at one end of the tank and at the other there is an imitation hollow rock I call ET's skull as its flat with 2 round holes on the front.

Archived