S. Tinanti

Jackos80

I sold half of my colony off a few months back to downsize my stock. I left one trio of these guys as they looked like they were going to breed. After a couple of weeks I noticed a a bunch of beady eyes staring back at me. So its been a month and a bit and the fry are 1.5cm and going strong, I brew my on BBS so they mung out on that every third or fourth day.

So the fry are swimming around the tank going fine and then I look in the breeding log, I notice the male cornering one of the females again. Seems they are up to it again. Here's hoping as the fry are growing nicely now and a couple more months and I will move them on again. I have promised this last tri to another guy on here have to get them to stop breeding to give them to him.

Great fish and the male looks awesome, I have a very poor camera so photos come out to blurry. Try and get camera to take a picture of the fry and adults.

Thought I might share my joy

nice work mate, also a joy to see the little ones playing around :)

just a side qustion, have you had much issues with bloat on these guys, had a mate who lost three of these guys in quick time, we thought he might have been a bit to genrous with the food and bloat was the problem.

nice work mate, also a joy to see the little ones playing around :)

just a side qustion, have you had much issues with bloat on these guys, had a mate who lost three of these guys in quick time, we thought he might have been a bit to genrous with the food and bloat was the problem.

These guys don't eat hardly anything at all. I had to chuck a few apple snails in the tank with them to eat the leftovers. I haven't had problems with bloat, they have lived on NLS pellets and algae discs, and feeding the fry crushed up food and brine shrimp. I read up and remember seeing a big no to blood worms but tried them and they loved them.

I have only ever had problem of bloat with electric yellows.