BRISTLENOSE EGGS WHAT TO DO

LEG-IT

hi,

so recently i purchased a colony of breeding bristlenose of fellow member jackos80,

he was very generous to me and gave me his colony and extras, which i cannot thank jack enough

well anyways the female was very plumpt and recently i noticed the male let her enter the cave they were in the cave for 1 hour or so before she left,

she was very skinny when she left so i assumed they layed which was very exciting for me,

i was than told since it was a glass bottom cave to check if the was eggs so i lifted it up and all the was is sand put behind the sand was probaly around 50 or so eggs maybe more i didnt really see as one egg fell out so i quilky placed the cave down to catch it,

IT was a wriggler still with the egg sac so i placd him on the entrance of the cave which dad happily accepted him back and swiftly moved his tail to flick him back,

so now i am wondering how do i raise the wrigglers, what to feed and when do i seperate them as they are in a community earth eater tank, also how often should i change the water of the tank? i am afraid as the cave had some sand in their that the sand covered the eggs and they might of died us this possible,

Many of you's may have bred these guys before but this is my first time and i am very excited

please tell me some advice

cheers

By the sounds of it they are almost ready to leave the cave. I am not sure what an eartheater is but most fish will eat yr bn fry. The best thing u could do, although this may not be viable is remove all the other fish from the tank and just leave bn's in there. They will eat zucchini, algae, algae pellets and nls from day 1

Congrats

hth Aaron

if you have a fry saver large enough to move the whole cave in there you can do that because the earth eaters will eat the fry if they have egg sac depending the size of the eggs sac it may be another 7 days until they are released

John

John's advice is the way to go. Siphon up the catties,cave & Dad for a while.Then put him back in tank.Best to keep them in same tank as a change in water can kill them.Keep the food up to them, they eat a lot.B/nose fry make a nice snak for most fish.

i feed the earth eaters (geophagus) 3 times a day so i dont think they would eat it,

one egg fell out like i said before and they all saw it but didnt bother to eat it or follow it

but i only have a fry saver probaly around 12cm by 8cm cani just put the fry inthe, how much longer do i have to wait, they just came out the eggs sac as they are very small,

should i divide the tank, i should i use a 2foot?

i really didn't think they weren't gonna breed till next month, so this is a good surprise for me

thanks for your advice

Soon as they start out of the cave you will see them disapear no matter how ofen you feed the Geo's.

Try leaving couple more days then into frysaver without dad and cave.

Try reading D I Yourself on how to make a frysaver or $2 shop & GoLo have small platic containers that are great for frysaver.

thanks for all your replies,

so i was cleaning the tank alittle a couple of hours ago and i find a cluster of what looked like hatched egg sacs, i saw some get suck into the filter,

its like a cluster maybe 20+ but every egg shape is opened is it the egg shell?

im only new to this so i am wondering, or did all the babies get eaten, and the male is still fanning when do i have a look again?

cheers

Our community tank has just had some BN fry. The Betta is checking out the fry. I am not sure if he is going to eat or just checking out. Those Bettas are curious fellas and are as nuts as Africans. We could have pulled the fry out but we think they stand the best chance in the tank with good water, left overs, algae and other stuff in the Java Fern. The fry are now 2 weeks old and daddy has let them out. They are sucking on the glass at the front so they are leaving themselves open to being Betta food. Must make mental note to get Zuchini for them.

I have 2 big males in my frontosa tank, an albino and a normal colored one. The dark male is always breeding but so far havent seen the albino with eggs, he seems more intent on eating the dark ones. The first time I saw the eggs I almost panicked thinking it was some wierd growth then I noticed the Dad there with them and it dawned on me what they were. I was so excited! Being a community tank though I knew not many would survive once they went out into the tank and sure enough after about 6 or so spawns there was 1 survivor. I dont want to set up a seperate tank for them so just let nature take its course, bit of a pity but will enjoy seeing the interactions.

Out Betta is looking very well fed. Baby Bristlenoses are disappearing one by one. I reckon if we moved them the change in water would get them. This way we know the survivors are quick and clever.

I have 2 big males in my frontosa tank, an albino and a normal colored one. The dark male is always breeding but so far havent seen the albino with eggs, he seems more intent on eating the dark ones. The first time I saw the eggs I almost panicked thinking it was some wierd growth then I noticed the Dad there with them and it dawned on me what they were. I was so excited! Being a community tank though I knew not many would survive once they went out into the tank and sure enough after about 6 or so spawns there was 1 survivor. I dont want to set up a seperate tank for them so just let nature take its course, bit of a pity but will enjoy seeing the interactions.

Archived