clown loach

scottyvgs

can i put a clown loach in a smallish tank with no filter and just a air pump... i guess eventually ill get a filter but for now kinda thing.... i dont think he likes being in with my devils and synsphillum. sad.gif

huh.gif I wouldnt keep those fish in a tank without a filter why dont you have a filter in that tank is there a reason, you could make a filter from a 1l/ 2l plastic container , instructions are on this site . And why ask about your clown loach if you have already put him in the tank , i personally would not put him in with those fish, have you researched your fish they need a lot of tank space.

ok, i need to be clearer.

I have a 48in tank, with a red dev, a synsphillum, a convict, a red jewel, a BN, and the clown loach. I just acquired a new tank and mature jag off my mate as a favour for him, and moved the jag I already had in the other tank into the new tank. so no0w ive got the beforementioned tank and my new jag tank. Everything is fine, no hassles, and never has been. Ive had this first tank with the jag in it as well for around 6 months..

Now, in addition to the new jag tank, i got a smaller tank which he used to keep feeders in, its about a 30in tank and i wanted to move my loach, and possibly the jewel. I was also going to get another loach or 2 to keep the first one company.

I really just want to know how long it would go until a filter would be absolutely essential. Mentioning the filter 'recipe' though sparked my memory and now i remember, thanks for the tip.

the LFS where i got most of my fish is owned by friends of the family, and the loach came out of a tank of oscars red devs blackbelts jags, you name it it was in there, and all my fish get on fine without a worry in the wworld.... wel except maybe for the GT :S :'(

Edit: oh and yeah the main tank definately has a filter..... im just wondering about the smaller one for now.

I have found that what ever you decide, clown loaches are very gregarious, hence prefer the company of other clowns. They do much better in groups of at least three....the more the better. They tend to be shy and reclusive unless kept in this manner.

merjo

Archived