Petenia Splendia - bay snook

sam w

Don't know about Golden.

but there is apparently a common name of Lemon

thanks for the video, te "red" bay snooks on slot of the videos on you tube look a lot like my suspect "golden" variety... Would lov some other peoples opinions.....

I am think of buying a few more and breeding them, any one know if there is much demand?

Just my opinion but big aggressive Americans have a small group of people willing to house them and keep them.

Everyone loves to see them, but housing and keeping is another issue.

It would be great if you breed them and sell them but don't set your expectations of a financial return too high.

If you do breed them cull out the weak ones and the poor quality ones.

Only allow the highest quality to be sold or to survive.

Good luck

I brought two golden bay snooks a while ago but I have never seen any since is there such a thing or are they really the red variety?

no such thing. theyre just reds. id say it was just an instance of mislabeling.

I am think of buying a few more and breeding them, any one know if there is much demand?

none. there wasnt much of a demand for the commons when they were first bred, and there wasnt much for the reds when they were bred. plenty of promises, but very few partakers. there arent many around though so youd be doing a great thing in terms of conservation.

I brought two golden bay snooks a while ago but I have never seen any since is there such a thing or are they really the red variety?

no such thing. theyre just reds. id say it was just an instance of mislabeling.

none. there wasnt much of a demand for the commons when they were first bred, and there wasnt much for the reds when they were bred. plenty of promises, but very few partakers. there arent many around though so youd be doing a great thing in terms of conservation.

Great I'll go ahead a do it then I think they are one of the best fish to watch. Thanks for that yellow you have confirmed my suspicions. I saw a lfs selling some online but I want to go and make sure they are high quality

Archived