Eheim 2260 filter contents

Chris.K

should the canister be full of stuff when empty ? if i drain the water out, (i did a filter clean today), its only just over half full of stuff in it.

EHFIMECH (5L) should be used at the bottom suction area. It provides mechanical filtration. The next layer of EHFISUBSTRAT or EHFILAV (15L) will act as the main biological filter medium. The substrate's high porousity is ideal for bacteria colonization and ensures unbeatable long term decomposition of Ammonia and Nitrites. EHFIFIX (5L) should be placed on top with a thickness of approximately 1 inch as the final filter medium layer. It is a coarse media for fine mechanical and biological filtration. Ehfisynth (2L) can also be used for fresh or saltwater and should be replaced each time the filter is cleaned. It is a synthetic filter wadding for capturing fine dirt particles. Chemi-pure (1 for every 50 gallons) can be used for chemical filtration for freshwater aquariums. Depending upon the desired water quality, the layers of filter media can be increased. Specific water treatment can also be achieved with an individual filter media arrangemen

thanks...doesnt really answer my question though and those numbers arent right either. (that all adds up to 27L, the canister is only 18L).

can anyone else help ??

It should be full. Does that help?

eheim

Either way it should be full apart from the sponges. I got that info from a website selling them. Next time try google.

How is your water clarity and other indicators? If not bad then I would not worry however you may not be at full capacity. BTW I do not use the standard media in either of my filters. One has dead live rock (I got with tank from ebay) which cycled the tank, bulk filter wool and bulk carbon plus matrix. I then took out the bio balls from the cannister and put in the overhead trickle filter. I replaced that with more matrix.

Look up reviews on the EHeim stuff versus matrix. In theory matrix will eventually start taking out nitrate. Both claim to house more bacteria than the other.

My point is do not worry too much. Adjust as whether you need more mechanical or biological media.

thanks that does help. i need more stuff in it.

water is crystal clear and everything is normal parameter wise. so its not a necessity perse. just something i noticed when i cleaned the filter out. i was under the impression that the cannister would be full.

Archived