My 4x2x2

siklid

Hey guys,

Just moved house about a week ago and just took some pics of the old refurbished setup, still have a lot of work to go, e.g. remove and hide heaters, pumps, sponge filters in sump, increase rock stack height (scary),add a wall of vallis and accumulating a colony of yellows and adding more S. multipunctatus (anyone have any good specimens for sale?)

Currently stocked with 6 Ngara flametail (still no colouring) and 4 adult Cuckoos.

Filtration: 110L sump with bioballs, jap mat, gutter guard 3500lph pump, Ehiem 2217, 3 lrge sponge, 600lph internal otto.

Substrate: Tahitian Moon sand (damn expensive stuff :( )

Rockwork: Slow accumulation ($) of the best pieces of rock over the years with a mixture of texas holey, limestone and some cured LR.

IPB Image

Silly front flash shot (ooopps!)

IPB Image

Blurry shot without flash (gives a better idea of actual colours)

IPB Image

Still a bit of a newbie posting pics and taking them but since i enjoy looking at other people's tanks i thought i would post some up myself.

Cheers

Daniel

nice looking tank,

can i ask about your filtration.

why are you running sponge filters, a 2217 and internal when you have a sump?

from what i can make out your tank is not over stocked so i couldnt imagine you require that much filtration.

i agree that you can never have enough filtration, but it seem a little excessive.

nice looking tank,

from what i can make out your tank is not over stocked so i couldnt imagine you require that much filtration.

i agree that you can never have enough filtration, but it seem a little excessive.

All sponge filters have been put into the sump now, which were a bit of an eyesore, i have tidied things up a bit also.

The tank will be stocked with many more fish to come so it's not overly filtered, I have seen other tanks with much greater turnover..

Will post some pics up soon..

Still looking for some thin val to run along the back wall atm, does anyone have any?

nice looking tank,

All sponge filters have been put into the sump now, which were a bit of an eyesore, i have tidied things up a bit also.

The tank will be stocked with many more fish to come so it's not overly filtered, I have seen other tanks with much greater turnover..

Still looking for some thin val to run along the back wall atm, does anyone have any?

• 3 months later...

nice looking tank,

I do!! Quit slacking and get your new tank set up soon and you can take some from mine! :p

Archived