Sick or stressed C. Furcifer?

jonnytw

I have a pair of Furcifers - boy is 16cm, girl is 12cm, couple of days ago i changed the tank water and substrate to crushed coral, now the boy wont eat :( Its been 3 days now, should i worry? Is this common for this species to not eat when stressed or is he sick? Been feeding them tetra bit before the tank change and he liked it fine then...

Help, anyone?

Did you clean the filter too.

Maybe alot of the beneficial bacteria in the tank was killed off when you changed the substrate?

Maybe with the water change and new substrate the tank environment has turned unstable and the fish is not well.

Check the water parameters to eliminate there being anything wrong with the water.

Did you clean the filter too.

Maybe alot of the beneficial bacteria in the tank was killed off when you changed the substrate?

Maybe with the water change and new substrate the tank environment has turned unstable and the fish is not well.

Check the water parameters to eliminate there being anything wrong with the water.

Well i did think that maybe the bacteria in the gravel being absent may be it...but att the other ifsh are fine, even the meleagris i have in there with them.

Did not clean the filter as i thought i should keep some bacteria running thru the system.

I would guess and say it would be stress. Three days with no food shouldnt be too much to worry about. Give them a few days.

Archived