females and breeding

Foti

hello i have asked agew times cause i have been looking for a female red empress to breed my male but not to get red empress fry but cuckoo! nobody has any so wondering can i use any female ?

i also have a male venustus in there but i know he wont let them come close if he were to breed

any sugestions guys ?

hello i have asked agew times cause i have been looking for a female red empress to breed my male but not to get red empress fry but cuckoo! nobody has any so wondering can i use any female ?

i also have a male venustus in there but i know he wont let them come close if he were to breed

any sugestions guys ?

have a look at www.petlink.com.au scroll down to the fish /click/ scroll down about 1/3 down an start lookin i seen a small colonie for sale

have a look at www.petlink.com.au scroll down to the fish /click/ scroll down about 1/3 down an start lookin i seen a small colonie for sale

thank you for that tried to find it but couldnt il give it another go but there is no way i can afford a collony !

plus i dont really need it lol just 1 female that will breed with male lol

At nswcs meeting they recommend to use haps. The Acei was one which alot of people used with success, they explained due to its small eggs and big mouth you gain better fry rates than other cichlids. There was also the idea of trying some Victorian cichlids which breed like rabbits

At nswcs meeting they recommend to use haps. The Acei was one which alot of people used with success, they explained due to its small eggs and big mouth you gain better fry rates than other cichlids. There was also the idea of trying some Victorian cichlids which breed like rabbits

thank you so much for that il be looking into that for sure

you would find that having more females will be better in the long run, Fish do get smart to what is happening and they will stop breeding if the Cuckoo's are constantly harassing them.

Acei, are supposedly a good fish (I never used them),but the Red Empress would also work as well. Just remember only one is a Hap!

Archived