Temperature and B/N cats ?

fin350

just wandering wat kind of temperature Bristlenose cats would handle to both extremes ?

any experiances or knowledge apreciacted ...

cheers

Peter

iv never let my tank get over 31deg (summer) nor less than 24deg (summer no heater!) just as a guidline plus i dont think it would be very bad if kept at the 31 for a couple of day's just as all fish keep aeration high and feed more for there Metabolism speeds up !

im sure you could push them higher and lower but it does place an unecessary stress on them !

I have a mate at Roberston who left some in an out side pond over winter and the fish survived. I dont know how, but they did. It wasn't until he was cleaning it in summer that he remembered they were in there

I have a mate at Roberston who left some in an out side pond over winter and the fish survived. I dont know how, but they did. It wasn't until he was cleaning it in summer that he remembered they were in there

WoW

did they breed?

:shock:

ive worked out at bowral and i tell u wat through winter it gets well into the minus's so robertson would be the same !!!

ive heard in Qld the breed alot of there fish in ponds outside , it obviously doesnt get as cold up there as it does here but it would still drop below 10deg ??

Archived