Baby Java ferns - What to do next

cpfc

I have a bunch of baby Java Ferns growing on the leaves of my ferns. What is the best way of ensuring I get them to grow? Do I pull them off or will they drop off? Do you tie straight away? Any tips?

I have a bunch of baby Java Ferns growing on the leaves of my ferns. What is the best way of ensuring I get them to grow? Do I pull them off or will they drop off? Do you tie straight away? Any tips?

Leave them be until they are a decent size, then plant (rhizome above gravel) or tie to rock or wood.

I will be patient. Not sure if I will tie or try the superglue method.

Leave them be until they are a decent size, then plant (rhizome above gravel) or tie to rock or wood.

• 4 weeks later...
I will be patient. Not sure if I will tie or try the superglue method.

Tie them. It's not hard. I was tying on some Anubias nana Petite a couple of weekends ago. I used the finest fishing line I had on hand, my son sprayed the plants with water to make sure they didn't dry out, and with a bit of creativity, none of the fishing line can be seen (or at least you have to go looking for it).

Super glue won't work.

I tried the fishing line on a large Anubia at home but it has come loose. It highlights my inability at knots. I have moved one fern and attached with a rubber band. Ugly but it will come off when attached.

I tried the fishing line on a large Anubia at home but it has come loose. It highlights my inability at knots. I have moved one fern and attached with a rubber band. Ugly but it will come off when attached.

black cotton thread can be easier to tie and hide, and theoretically, by the time it rots, the plant will have attached

Archived