Posting Fish

superbad0417

Its possible by air. Large Styrofoam box. Xl fish bags and oxygen. Plenty of info on the net about how to do it. I wouldn't buy them unless the seller knows what they are doing.

seller has never posted fish before so not sure about it

how much do u think it will cost roughly ??

contact AAE or ask on PP. Theres a few sellers on there who ship. Price also depends on the seller. They could go to a LFS and get them bagged for a fee

• 2 weeks later...

They would fit into one styrofoam box so cost would be approximately $50 if going with AAE. It wouldn't be worth it though unless they have a sentimental value or are a rare colour morph as they are very common and cheap down here.

More like $70 airfreight, you will need lg bags for 18cm fish more than the cost of the fish, I think.

Posting, Will arrive nice and smelly, & more than likey dead?

I don't think there will be any issue shipping 18cm fish. Not so much here but in the US large cichlids are shipped that size all the time (Frontosas for example)

Place them in individual bags (I can put you in touch with a place where you could pick them up for next to nothing), have them double bagged and filled with oxygen and whack 'em in the esky.

I also don't think it would cost $70. Last time I heard it was still just over $50.

So yeah you can ship them no worries but like I said originally it will work out more hassle then the fish are worth unless they are special.

Hey Sam,

Read first post.

Posting fish or maybe he means courier. He wants to get them not send them. Yes no problem Airfreight. If you had got fish from Qld you would know a small box is $70 min and that depends where in Qld as well.I sent fish to north qls & $95 was the cost for one box.Goes on size of box.Anyway just ring the freight company with size of box aad they will tell you the cost but it makes those catties rather expensive

Archived