canister filter question

Nathan

Hi all,

Just wondering what it means when a filter will flow X amount of litres at a maximum operating head of X amount of metres?? any help would be great as I'mn the need of a new filter as my ehiem 2213 seems to have lost most of its flow, its clean/all hoses have been cleaned, the impeller isn't fowling on anything and the ceramic shaft is in good condition.

Cheers

Head height's mostly apply to pumps on open systems. It's generally not really applicable for canisters as they run on an airtight system where the water flowing down and into the canister aids the impeller with the expulsion of the existing water.

Is the canister operating from below the tank?

If it was okay before, and now not after cleaning it, my first guess will be an air blockage somewhere.

Eheims are the best quality canisters on the market (over priced though), and if for some reason it had broken down, the reason would most likely be apparent.

If it is not, take the outlet from the tank, with the inlet still in the tank and place the outlet in a bucket. If it doesn't flow freely, work out why.

I think I have it sorted, still seems to be not as powerful as before, it also becomes load randomly then dies down so i'll just see how it goes, as for that link I dunno if I would trust those filters from that link, seems way to cheap for what it is, if I go a new filter would probably be an aqua one cf 1000

if you are after a new canister try one of these

Canister Filters

i brought one about 1 mth ago and LOVE IT it is sooo quiet and gives a good flow. plus the added bonus of the UV particular now that we are going into winter with white spot season.

I had a quick look at the link but couldn't see the wattage on the UV light. Do you know what it is? Depending on how strong it is I'd say it would have little to no effect on the water because the water flow is too high.

I had a quick look at the link but couldn't see the wattage on the UV light. Do you know what it is? Depending on how strong it is I'd say it would have little to no effect on the water because the water flow is too high.

I think the watts were 9watt UV

Archived