Bought a 215l AR980 off ebay - New to cichlids

cpfc

Out went the shemale peacock (due to being bullied), the mongy Acei (mongy) and the pair of Limnochromis (being bullied). In went two Julidochromis regani (shop not 100% sure it is Regani) and two Leluipi). Next on shopping list is a pair of Acei and a female Saulosi.

The difference in the tank is remarkable. The tangs are more than holding their own and are comfortable and fed ten minutes after getting in. Time will tell but the early signs are good. The Auritus were a fantastic looking fish but did not match the tank dynamics.

Also going in is some Anubias (I did not ask the type as it was a bargain) which I have tied to wood and holy rock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a water change yesterday and before nitrates were 20. Fish did not eat much today and nitrates were 50! Another water change and rinse out of the overhead wool (I normally alternate with the cannister) and I noticed some muck gathering spots. I have moved the air stone and air curtain into those areas and we shall see where it gathers. I checked under all the stones and found no dead fish. The only thing I can think of is I fed the catfish zuchini overnight.

We shall see if the fish are hungry in the morning.

As you can see I have two Pseudotropheous Acei Msuli Point. There is a larger darker one (I have labelled Acei 1) and a smaller one (Acei 2)

Can anyone sex these?

Acei 1 on top Acei 2 below

IPB Image

Acei 1 I believe

IPB Image

Acei 1 I believe

IPB Image

IPB Image

Acei 1 on top Acei 2 below

IPB Image

Acei 2

IPB Image

Acei 2 In focus

IPB Image

Acei 2

IPB Image

1 followed by 2

IPB Image

IPB Image

Acei 2

IPB Image

Like the Leluipi they hold their own as well. The little one is very adept at escaping and scavenges leftovers in cracks. They swim directly in line with the surface they are against, often vertically. My wife takes the micky and calls them glorified Zebra Danios.

nice i've always liked these fellas cos of their unusual shape.

Archived