peppermints not eating

sicklidrus

anybody any suggestions, i have kept the tank clean, i can see the males and females looking great with great colour, for a week now i put some zucchini and algae wafers and they have not touched it, before that about 2 weeks ago only algae wafers and they just fungased out, had to take it out, is it worms, aor some else pls any suggestions, temp 26-28, ph around 7

thanks gus

• 2 weeks later...

Gus

what was the person you got them from feeding them and what

water parameters did they have them in

Chris

hi chris,

they have been with me for over 2.5 years, somehow i put in pellets and sometime algae wafers and they are gone, but when i put in a zuchinni or leb cucumber they dont touch it, the temp about 25-27, ph around 7 they nibbled at the zucchini and i had to after a day put it in a orange spot tank and its gone.

any suggestions chris, also i have a pair of green severums they a a vertical slate, under a constant flow of low pressure water they laid rtheir eggs on them hundreds of them but in 2 days time they were all gone, i noticed fungas there, and decided to keep it in the same tank to see what would happen, eggs gone then they started laying their eggs on a 10 inch inverted ceramic pot and the same thing happened again. i thought they needed some more experience. but i am getting very anxious i would like to pull out the slayte and put it in another tank with the same water with meth blue will it work, i have tried it before with no luck, i desperately wantr to try to breed these guys, i have a few pairs, what is the best conditions to breed them, others reckon justa tank and a sponge filter and they are off, not in my case.

please advise

gus

Hi,

Given the cost of peppermints and the anguish of seeing your fish potential die I would immediately invest in a UV sterilizer.

It may not elimate the problem but will at least rule out many diseases an problems associated with a closed eco system.

After 10 years of fish keeping, I only recently have installed UV sterilizers and the results seem to be healthy and hungary fish.

What have you got to loose spend $100, only a couple of $100 dollars worth of fish.

Cheers

Archived