Setting up my 6x2x2

raz7au

Have just finished making and staining the cabinet for my 6x2x2. When up and running it will house my juvenile f1 mpimbwe frontosa, a dozen e/yellow and some catfish.Pics below are of tank now ready for water.

The conduit in the bottom is for an undergravel jet filter, 1x 2000l/r internal filter each end attached to conduit. Hoping this will blow all feacal matter off bottom.

I will also be running a 1000l/h canister.

Background is basalt roll i aquired from strictly aquariums.

Will continue to update with more photos as i get closer to completion.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Have just finished making and staining the cabinet for my 6x2x2. When up and running it will house my juvenile f1 mpimbwe frontosa, a dozen e/yellow and some catfish.Pics below are of tank now ready for water.

The conduit in the bottom is for an undergravel jet filter, 1x 2000l/r internal filter each end attached to conduit. Hoping this will blow all feacal matter off bottom.

I will also be running a 1000l/h canister.

Background is basalt roll i aquired from strictly aquariums.

Will continue to update with more photos as i get closer to completion.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Good work , the cabinet looks very similar to one I've almost finished (except it's for a std 6') - just started staining today.

Let us know how the underwater jets go, I wanted to try that but wasn't sure it'd be worth the effort.

Out of curiosity, how tall is the cabinet? made mine about 700mm (Have a lack of space and if any taller would look too imposing in my flat).

Thanks for comments, Yes there will be a hood, i will be filling on wednesday, as im still waiting for 2nd filter to arrive.

And yes these backgrounds do look fantastic, a little more costly than the standard plastic backgrounds but you get what you pay for and these are absolutely worth it.For me and the fish

No matter how well you glue or think you have glued the backgrounds in, fish will get behind there.

Nah i use to have one and glued it prop and mine had more ledges and curves the 6x2 olgas, you just gotta make sure you glue all the bits that touch the glass and use alot of glue and seal the sides properly

Thanks for comments, Yes there will be a hood, i will be filling on wednesday, as im still waiting for 2nd filter to arrive.

And yes these backgrounds do look fantastic, a little more costly than the standard plastic backgrounds but you get what you pay for and these are absolutely worth it.For me and the fish

Yes they are a bit more costly but like you said worth it and makes the scenery look real nice. I wanted to get the back to nature background, but they cost an arm and leg something like 2k.... :shock: for a 6 footer

$25 per foot.

thats not too bad! i was thinking it would be up near the $500 mark for the whole tank...

I just bought a latex one for $38.50 per foot so yours was a great price.

Hi fantastic tank.I have the same background and they do look awesome.They hide the weir and look nice and tidy. The only thing I should have done was put airline house down the back before I glued for my airpump so the airline was hidden.

Congrats on the tank

Archived