What Vic am I?

YAL05T

Hi folks

His another to "dissect"

Was given this bloke a couple of days ago. He's one aggressive little bugger. Very naughty!

No idea of his age. He's at least 11cm long.

I've got pics from a few angles. He's not got a lot of colour but depending on the angle you are looking at him he seems to have quite an array of colours. Maybe they will come out as he settles

He thinks he is going to have a good time with this girl. I don't even know if the 2 fish are the same species. She's not in any way interested.

IPB Image

Cruising the middle of the tank

IPB Image

Lurking

IPB Image

Courting an uninterested chicky babe fish

IPB Image

On the move

IPB Image

This is the female he is harrassing

IPB Image

Thanks

Go for it

Here are a few more pics to have a look at, was a little wierd at first stuffing my new camera INTO the tank.

I hope these can finalise a sp. though I too am starting to lean towards burtoni/brownae

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers for all the help this far guys, it is appreciated and the next auction I will pay a little more attention :B

Brett

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to bring a young male down to the meeting to see what folks think of him in the flesh.

Then he will be a freebie for someone or the society can auction him off as a donation.

Coat on i hope??? no stripping :lol1: ,,, Should bring in the girls tonite :hug:

See you there

Hope you got the books?

Should have heard from u by now if not

Be good to put a face to the name

What do i look for??

Fish fan

Loves to read

C/coaster, could mean hippey

But pays his way so cant be on the dole

Goes by Brett

Any more tips :raisehand:

Bet u cant pick me :thumbup: lol

John

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to bring a young male down to the meeting to see what folks think of him in the flesh.

Then he will be a freebie for someone or the society can auction him off as a donation.

What was the outcome of the viewing?

BTW folks I have just made payment on a copy of Ole Seehausen's "Lake Victoria Rock Cichlids". It's coming from the UK. It's been an exhaustive cyber search to get on to this book I can tell you.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay after taking a male down to the Jan meeting it was decided that the fish I have are Haplachromis (pundamilia) nyererei. Now I am over run with them and think I might sell off the lot and keep on heading down Tang themes.

Archived