Getting back into fish

roo

I know there are a lot of these kinds of questions/ threads , however I am stuck.

I have a complete three foot tank set up that I am going to pull out of storage. I would like it to be a funky little display tank.

What Cichlids would be happy in it? It has been a few years and I have forgotton what goes with what and in what size tank etc.

Cheers and thanks in advance

roo

Hi, 3ft is just not enough these days, you need something like a 6ft, i have one im selling if you are interested, Email me on prepare.4d.strugle@hotmail.com

for pics,

very cheap~ complete setup.. Thankyou:)

Yes yes yes, I know :lol1: . Just finished building and money is tight, I have all the gear for a three footer so thought I would just pull it out of the garage and put something in it.

How much for the set up? PM if you like (pics as well , I could be tempted as I was going to get a 6ft'er)

You have plenty of options for a three foot tank and it can look really good. You dont need a 6 foot tank.

Find some fish you like and then go from there.

What about some of the smaller SA cichlids, like:

Apistogramma spp.

Laetacara spp.

Dicrossus filamentosus

Microgeophagus spp.

Nannacara anomala

These are truly incredible fish and you should be able to get a reasonable mix of species getting along in 3ft tank if you provide enough caves and flat rocks. I guess the other good thing is that you'll be able to plant it up making the display even more spectacular. One of my tanks is like this and I wouldn't change it for the world. :)

Archived