Replacement T5 tubes for a Juwel aquarium

GlennC

Hi all

I have a Juwel Rio 125 tank. The lights are 28W T5. I have not been able to find any replacement tube, apart from Juwel tubes, which are very expensive. Has anyone found an alternative tube to use in the original hood?

Cheers

Glenn

Hi all

I have a Juwel Rio 125 tank. The lights are 28W T5. I have not been able to find any replacement tube, apart from Juwel tubes, which are very expensive. Has anyone found an alternative tube to use in the original hood?

Cheers

Glenn

Hi Glenn

Have you tried an electrical wholesaler? They tend to have all sorts of tubes usually for just a few dollars each.

Mike :)

Glenn,

Not sure if you able to find the tube but I recently purchased a blue colour tube Jewel T5 for my Jewel Vision 260 tank. Not many places stock these, I ended up placed an order from the Pet Shop at Birkenhead Point shopping centre.

As far as I know, you can only replace Jewel original tubes, as it's a special design with its hood as well, so other tubes won't work even if you can find the correct length. though I could be wrong.

Good luck mate.

Steve

Thanks for the info guys.

I did look and shop around a bit when I recently bought a pair of replacement Juwel tubes. No one had any in stock and the two shops that offered me the best prices were Stathfield Aquarium and Slippery Little Suckers. I went with the latter because they are closest to me. The order took a long time to arrive though. Learnt my lesson with Juwel; order Juwel replacement parts well in advance!

Cheers

Glenn

Archived