Catching fish

Beardie

Im really struggling to catch a few fish which im selling in a few days. They are only around 6-7cm however there in a 6x2x2 which caves everywhere which im not prepared to take out. I've managed to catch a few by placing some food in and having my net ready however that doesnt work anymore. Any ideas/tips?

Hi,

Rockwork makes for great difficulty when trying to catch fish as you have found.

If you are not prepared to dismantle the decorations then you may want to try catching them when they first awaken in the morning.

Presuming that they are in pitch black darkness whilst asleep when lights are first turned on they are disoriented and half awake for a short period of time - catching is easier then - but be quick biggrin.gif .

Cheers

Its a hassle pulling down a tank but in the end i have found stripping the tank to be much quicker and less frustrating than sitting there for hours catching fish wink.gif and minimal stress put on them also smile.gif good luck with it.

Yea...I reckon sometimes it is very hard to catch a fish when the tank has rocks / plants in it~ I've read a post in another forum few weeks ago, and that guy has DIY "a fish catcher" to catch some fast swimming fish...I know, it sounds a little bit stupid, but IT REALLY WORKS!!!!! biggrin.gif

He has used a transparent plastic bottle, a cotton kint, wires as materials. Once the bottle is done, put some live foods / foods that the fish like to eat inside the bottle. When the target has entered into the catcher, just take out the whole thing carefully by pulling the cotton kint to close the opening. smile.gif

Here are some pics from that post on how he made that catcher:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Archived