All Male display tank

Yogie

Hi All,

I have recently got a hold of a 4x2x2 (pics attached) which i would like to turn into a display tank.

Every different species i have, i have male and female.

Now i've been looking at some display tanks and i've seen tanks that only have males and they all seem to colour up and look really nice.

My question is...how do they get the males to colour up? If i remove the females of each species will the males still show the breeding colours?

I would like to get more fish so i can get more colour in there but i don't want to overcrowd the tank by having both male and females.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Johann

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have got a 6 x 2 x 2 all male display tank full of different haps and peacocks. If you feed them good food (I use NLS) and look after the water they will colour up. There will be some that colour more then other due to dominance but if you patient and get a good mix you should be right. I spent about 18mths stocking the tank up with good quailty fish. I brought 5 to 10 juvies and put them in a grow out tank, hand picked the ones I wanted and traded the rest to LFS. Good luck

Jake

do you find the amount of rock and placement has anything to do with it?

i feed all my fish NLS, awesome food and the fish go crazy for it...

I have got a 6 x 2 x 2 all male display tank full of different haps and peacocks. If you feed them good food (I use NLS) and look after the water they will colour up. There will be some that colour more then other due to dominance but if you patient and get a good mix you should be right. I spent about 18mths stocking the tank up with good quailty fish. I brought 5 to 10 juvies and put them in a grow out tank, hand picked the ones I wanted and traded the rest to LFS. Good luck

Jake

pardon my dumbnessssss but what is NLS??

NEW LIFE SPECTRUM, IT WILL BE YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND.

I have an all male Mbuna Tank. Some of my species like electric yellows and Crabros show good colour.. Some species like soulis and Red top Zebbra you will get an awsome looking dominant male while the other males will try to look like females as a way to protect themselves. If i aqua scape my tank ( move coral ect) all these fish show their colours to dominate for territory.

Archived