Pics of a Boutique aquarium - Doha, Qatar

kevkoi

Wow amazing looking store, love the L330.

Columbian "Marbled" motoro rays aka chain-link motoro.

These are Selected pattern specimens. These rays come in such varied patterning even though they are all collected from the same locality.

Glad you like it...

That's my 'office' by the way. :thumb

Took me nearly 3years of careful planning, negotiation and finally building to get this shop to where it is today.

3years ago when I first saw the site..

IPB Image

A year ago when we started working on the inside at the height of the Arabian desert summer (gets up to 50degree Celcius in Summer here!!)

IPB Image

This was what the inside looked like in 2007

IPB Image

This was the same area being built in August 2008

IPB Image

This is August 2009.

IPB Image

And this is my good mate Takashi Amano coming to visit in Doha Qatar this year. :yes:

IPB Image

IPB Image

:clap

great shop. may i ask how much that aro is worth, its beatiful ive always wanted one like it.also, what made you decide to build an aquarium over there, whats the market like?

Well the Aro is worth much less here than it is in Australia! :lol3: (Well, everything costs more in Australia where Aquarium stuff is concerned anyway). :B

What made me decide to build an Aquarium here?

Well, for starters there's nothing like it here. The Aquarium/petshops here in the Middleeast is the DUMPS. Imagine the worst Petshop in Australia and then think 10times worst and you kinda get the idea of how it's like in Qatar. Even in the most affluent places like Dubai, their best Pet shops would be poorly rated by Australian standards. So I decided to do something that was of the best European standards and then add a little bit more class and style (putting my Architecture background) into it. Afterall, there isn't a whole lot of entertainment here in the deserts, water is a premium (hardly rains 2times a year here!) so when u don't have it often, you can really appreciate what beauty water can bring. :p And to have a lush green, well planted aquarium, or a living colourful reef in your living room in a country where everything is brown, dry and dusty.... well, that's something extra special. Oh, and let us also not forget that the region is booming!

.... Oh and imagine if one day Kerry Packer came up to you and said, "Mate, I want you to make me the new 'King of the Aquarium Industry' in Australia. I'll back you 100% of the way, but u better make me some money! Imagine that....

Kinda the same thing here except it wasn't Kerry Packer here.. ;)

:clap

great shop. may i ask how much that aro is worth, its beatiful ive always wanted one like it.also, what made you decide to build an aquarium over there, whats the market like?

.... Oh and imagine if one day Kerry Packer came up to you and said, "Mate, I want you to make me the new 'King of the Aquarium Industry' in Australia. I'll back you 100% of the way, but u better make me some money! Imagine that....

Kinda the same thing here except it wasn't Kerry Packer here.. ;)

Nice work and nice aquarium def the best i have seen :clap .......but as for kerry packer , i dont think kerry packer will ever ask you to build an aquarium seeing that he died almost 5 years ago....lol :p

cheers man

Archived