egg tumbler

1hopper09

It would probably be useful if you could outline what sort of fish you are talking about.

We let our Auratus hold for 2-3 weeks before stripping them, but by that time the fry are fully formed/free swimming and can go straight into a fry-saver rather than a tumbler. But mostly it will depend on what species you're asking about and why you want to remove them to an egg tumbler.

In regard to tumblers, good is not usually the same as cheap.

On the PlecoFanatics forum there is a guy (think he's from South Aust) selling some at about 1/2 or 1/4 the price of the ones you'll find in the shops. It's actually quite an ingenious concept the way he has made them - but you may or may not call them 'good quality' even if lots of people on the PF forums find they work well.

The Jehmco is the best one I've come across. PM Matthew on this forum if you want to buy one. I let first time mother hold full term unless they lose too much condition, makes them better at caring for their fry in my experience.

thanks wolfy i breed tropheus

i want to strip them when they hold for a week or so because i think i loose some in the tank,when i do strip them i only get 5 or 6 fry and i have had 18 fry at one time...

thanks kilroy do you know matthews user name ?and kilroy how long do you let your t's hold for before you strip them

thanks wolfy i breed tropheus

i want to strip them when they hold for a week or so because i think i loose some in the tank,when i do strip them i only get 5 or 6 fry and i have had 18 fry at one time...

thanks kilroy do you know matthews user name ?and kilroy how long do you let your t's hold for before you strip them

I let them hold for 3 weeks and the fry are usually fully formed with little or no egg sac.

Archived