addind coral pieces

boydie

hey all

i have some nice coral pieces i want to add to my tang tank,i collected them some time ago and they have been outside in the garden so they are a little dirty.

if i give them a good clean will they be ok to put into my tank or do they need something else done to them so they will be siutable for tank conditions??

cheers boydie

hey all

i have some nice coral pieces i want to add to my tang tank,i collected them some time ago and they have been outside in the garden so they are a little dirty.

if i give them a good clean will they be ok to put into my tank or do they need something else done to them so they will be siutable for tank conditions??

cheers boydie

Clean em up and chuck em in.. MY tanks full of coral and coral sand.. helps the PH stay exactly the way I like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Coral branches are not good to go into fresh water tanks. Yes they will buff the water for our Africans, but you run a real risk of fish being damaged from the coral. They haven't evolved with such sharp objects and will not understand the dangers. I have seen a yellow in a friend's tank that had dug a hole in its side after it sort refuge inside coral fingers. Chunks of brain coral are not sharp.

Archived