tank repairer needed

couchy

I have had my 6x2.5x2.5 resealed twice after it leaked a while back then had it repaired only to leak 8 months later again. Then Resiliconed it again myself that got me another year.

Long story short I want to replace half the base (its a 2 piece base) with a patch on one side. Then I want to get the whole tank re-siliconed.

Anyone know of a tank repairer in the Blacktown or Penrith areas.

I'm quite desperate as it needs to be installed to my new room due to be built and running in the next month?

Cheers Couchy :raisehand:

I would be looking for a reason for the leaks. Is the tank perfectly flat on the stand, whats under it?

Yeah good point, when I get it relocated I'll be replacing the foam again and checking the frame is perfectly level etc and flat. The stand is made of 8" x 2" timbers and way too heavy duty for the job so shouldn't be the problem but will be checked.

The base has a crack on one side which was repaired with a large patch over the top. I don't think the patch is the problem but would be more comfortable if the panel was replaced not just patched. At the same time I'll get the whole tank re-siliconed to be safe.

Cheers :thumb

$380 isn't much for the tank, but my misses would leave me if i bought one more tank. She can see the logic of repairing one I already own though.

Is there anyone out there who can help me??

Cheers Couchy :thumbup:

Hi Couchy,

Just get rid of old one, bring in the new and she'll never know the difference - just an idea to save your marriage and your fish!!!!!!

Cheers,

Tootie

Hi Couchy,

Just get rid of old one, bring in the new and she'll never know the difference - just an idea to save your marriage and your fish!!!!!!

Cheers,

Tootie

then you can make it slightly bigger like 7ft, then she will sit there puzzled cos she will realise somethings different, but she wont be able to figure it out hehe.

perfect plan i think.

cheers mark~

Hi Couchy,

Cheers,

Tootie

I agree just do that man, if you re seal it again prob in another 8 months it will leak again, and then another 8 months etc, save urself the time and money and just get a new one and swap it around

Archived