cranky peacock

jamie2548

Hey everyone. I purchased a largish peacock yesterday from LFS about 12 cm. ( I liked the color) and he seems to have immediately tried to stage dominance on all the other fish.(all fish are of equal size) Do I presume that he was in a tank by himself at the LFS that he was a problem maker? The only fish he doesn't try anything on is the fronnies.

Dont know if I should return him or not. :dntknw: Do you think he will settle down?

As above with what sort of fish is he in with.

Ross

2 fronnies about 15cm 1 electric 4 cobalts 1 interuptus 1 venusta and acouple of others I dont know the name of. long thin black and dark purple with horizontal light blue stripes (the name ascapes me :B ) in a 4ft tank

..acouple of others I dont know the name of. long thin black and dark purple with horizontal light blue stripes (the name ascapes me :B ) in a 4ft tank

Sounds like a maingano! My first cichlid!

..acouple of others I dont know the name of. long thin black and dark purple with horizontal light blue stripes (the name ascapes me :B ) in a 4ft tank

Sounds like a maingano! My first cichlid! Thats the one :clap

Sounds like a maingano! My first cichlid! Thats the one :clap

maingano are one of the most aggressive little buggers i have ever seen for there size,if you enjoy a beautiful display tank with varios cichlids.... take it back to your local.

good luck

maingano are one of the most aggressive little buggers i have ever seen for there size,if you enjoy a beautiful display tank with varios cichlids.... take it back to your local.

good luck

Its not the maingano thats the problem its the peacock. The maingano is probably the calmest one out of the entire tank!

My wife likes him to much to get rid of :lol4:

Archived