What is the biggest common bristlenose you have

TALLNEV

hey,

I don't walk around with a measuring tape but ti let you know I have seen one about 15cm's long. The head was very elongated and the body at its widest point behind the head was bout 3cm's

It was truly amazing, but very ugly. When I have asked about its age from the owner it was unknown but suspected it was over 5 years old. I can tell you that in 2 years it won't grow that big in a 4 foot tank no matter how much you feed it.

Hope that helps. There was a giant one at Auburn Aquariums about January which was an albino. I would say it was no smaller than the one I am talking about, and could still be there. You could give them a call and get some info from them.

Damien

I've got a couple of monster B/nose that were raised in a 8fter and I would say they are easily 15cm, although haven't exactly measured them. In their breeding cave (terracotta pots, halved and siliconed to glass) they have trouble fitting in and turning around, the opening itself would be about 4cm across.....

Here's a picture of a female about 12cm+ but unfortunately there is nothing in the picture to give it any scale. I will try to get a better shot when they are feeding on a skewer of cucumber.

IPB Image

Cheers

Ross

• 4 weeks later...

hey,

Hope that helps. There was a giant one at Auburn Aquariums about January which was an albino. I would say it was no smaller than the one I am talking about, and could still be there. You could give them a call and get some info from them.

Damien

yep i seen this one.. it was pretty cool size, and ugly as all hell but ive seen a bigger one at manly aquarium, quite alot bigger actually close to 14 or 15 cms... the guy tried to tell me he was female despite the branches on his nose (huge branches too) apparently albinos grow larger than commons... dunno if thats true but its what i heard (from one of the sydney cichlid society auctioneers) :p

Dont have a photo

But 12+ cm is common for these guys

I saw a A,Bnose at 15+cm

and had some myself at 13+

Have not seen any Pepps at this size??

Archived