silver shark problem please help!

easty01

hi all i recently set up my first community tank, being more of a cichlid man from day one, not alot known about the fish i am now dealing with. i have a 4ft tank with 4 clown loaches 1 pictus catfish 2 bristle nose and two days ago added 5 silver sharks. today i found two sharks dead. the tank is a new set up and ive monitored it for the last week. all tests show no amonia no nitrate and ph is perfect. upon studying the silver sharks tonight iv noticed a goldy coloured film on there scales, whether this is just the way they are im not sure. Can anyone shed some light on my predicament as i am stumped. (fish r under no stress caused by other fish). Cheers

I have found that Silver sharks are so prone to chloramines from water changes that after the water change they start breathing heavy and often die with 12 hours.

If you truly have a fungus which was on the fish when you bought them and have now introduced to the tank and all the other fish then you better treat the tank .

Maybe a half dose of Aquamaster Fungus cure.

But make sure that it is a fungus before you treat them as silver fish often reflect colours from lights and algea etc etc..

Good luck

they dont like new tanks , water is very important for them , older the better , the longer the tank has been running the better , and no large water changes , not like i did night before i went away for four weeks did half a tank water change on my 6x2x2 and my 15cm+ silver sharks all five of them went belly up in half an hour .

that sucked!

Archived