some pics i took recently

enigma

cute sole!

is that a fresh water one?

budi i love the first pic what is it? how much are they!!!

it is a freshwater sole. around $15-20 i reckon.

i don't have any fav these days. i like them all :lol1:

Nice photos :clap #2 and 3 are great! Are they celestial pearl danios?

they are blue neon bitterling.

Awesome, you don't get to see those too often.

i really like them. they are very active. similar to barb. sometime they chase around smaller fish.

G'day Budi,

:coolpics: Are you still using the Canon 30D with the 100mm macro for these shots?

If not, what are you using :dntknw:

Thanks,

Lee.

hi Lee

yes still same stuffs with 2 flash units (580). i don't use the 50 and 180mm too often.

Hey Budi, awesome shots as usual. I might as well ask the macro lens question here instead of by PM as it might help others.

Can you tell me your experiences with the different length lenses?

I've just bought a Pentax K20D with an 18-250mm lens as my "all around" lens. I want to get a dedicated macro lens to add to my kit.

The reason I bought the pentax was partly due to the awesome range of lenses available. They have some great F1.4 and F1.7 prime lenses that you can pick up reasonably cheaply, but most macro lenses come as F2.8?

They have a few macro lenses I'd be interested in. Out of the list, what would be the pick to get shots close to what you are getting in water, but also bugs and spiders?

PENTAX-D FA Macro 50mm F2.8 $550

PENTAX-D FA Macro 100mm F2.8 $610

Pentax FA 50MM F1.4 $320

Sigma macro 70mm F2.8 EX DG lens $630

Pentax DA 35mm F2.8 Macro LTD Camera Lens $700

Tamron SP AF90MM F/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 $570

Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG MAC For Pentax $600

VIVITAR S1 105mm f/2.5 Macro $????

Sigma Lens 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC MACRO $430

Hey Budi, awesome shots as usual. I might as well ask the macro lens question here instead of by PM as it might help others.

Can you tell me your experiences with the different length lenses?

I've just bought a Pentax K20D with an 18-250mm lens as my "all around" lens. I want to get a dedicated macro lens to add to my kit.

The reason I bought the pentax was partly due to the awesome range of lenses available. They have some great F1.4 and F1.7 prime lenses that you can pick up reasonably cheaply, but most macro lenses come as F2.8?

They have a few macro lenses I'd be interested in. Out of the list, what would be the pick to get shots close to what you are getting in water, but also bugs and spiders?

PENTAX-D FA Macro 50mm F2.8 $550

PENTAX-D FA Macro 100mm F2.8 $610

Pentax FA 50MM F1.4 $320

Sigma macro 70mm F2.8 EX DG lens $630

Pentax DA 35mm F2.8 Macro LTD Camera Lens $700

Tamron SP AF90MM F/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 $570

Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG MAC For Pentax $600

VIVITAR S1 105mm f/2.5 Macro $????

Sigma Lens 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC MACRO $430

i would get 100mm macro. 99% of my fish pics were taken with 100mm. it is a great all around macro lens.

the reason i got 50mm is that sometime there is not enough working distance using 100mm to capture full fish shot. i'm talking about 10cm+ fish in LFS where i don't have much room to move.

i would use 150mm when i don't want to disturb the fish too much so i can stay away from the tank.

Archived