O/T Photos

Rumpig

nice looking pics sunsets a nice pic , the more u play with it the better you will get lol :lol4:

mate i dnot own a camera , so i cant help , a great deal , but saying nice pics

cheers kelvin :thumb

Mick the photos are nice.

If the Exif data was available it would help in giving advice i.e. exposure, metering, ISO etc. Did you use the auto setting or P, S, A, or M setting?

I like the first photo the most but it requires a slight rotation as the lighthouse has a lean.

Post processing with Photoshop or another image software will enhance the images further.

GED:

What do you mean metering? These were shot in the M setting. As for photoshop, I'll get it sooner or later...

photo 1: ISO 400 s/speed 1/30

photo 2: ISO 400 s/speed 1/800

Lee:

No tripod, I rested the camera on the top of a concrete thing for the pic of the lighthouse. I've got a birthday coming up so here's to hoping! :lol4:

The lens I was using was a canon 75-300 1:4-5.6. Nothing flash but I'm having fun!

Zifin: Believe me, I've been taking plenty of practice shots! I'm trying to get th in-built flash sorted in manual settings now, I just can't seem to get the colour balance right.... :blink

And thanks for the compliments!

Cheers

Mick

Gday Mick, I also just purchased a 450D in the last week. I got the twin IS lens kit plus I purchased a 50mm F1.8 lens as well. Next purchases will be a dedicated macro lens and a speedlight flash. Havent had a chance to really have a go with it yet, but one of my juvie Jack Demsey's sat still long enough for me to snap a quick shot of him.

IPB Image

I like the first photo the most but it requires a slight rotation as the lighthouse has a lean.

Post processing with Photoshop or another image software will enhance the images further.

That photo doesn't require anything, who says it has to be PERFECTLY straight.. MEh.. Photography is about breaking the rules!! Not conforming to what people want, lol...

But yes, you will need to process these pics on a computer as been mentioned.. Even when shooting in jpeg modes.. :thumb

Two more from today. The skink's head is out of focus becuase the auto focus was being difficult (was in auto mode so I couldn't set it. by the time I had changed it to manual and got the settings right my model had done a runner.

IPB Image

And this is my staffy Jess

IPB Image

Mick

Archived