Bubbles

Martyb

Hi guys

At the moment I use a powerhead to inject bubbles into the tank. The problem is it is really loud and I do think it may scare the Frontosa a bit.

Just wondering if it is ok to turn off the fast pace bubbles completly?

im also running an external canister. Im thinking to redirect the spray bar so that it creates a ripple on the surface. will this be ok????

Do fish need the water to move on the surface to create oxygen????

cheers

Do fish need the water to move on the surface to create oxygen????

Yep, you need the water flow to agitate the surface to enable oxygen exchange. If you’ve got this happening you don’t need to inject air into your return.

Ok, injecting air - is their a problem with what your running at the moment? :lol4:

A power head shouldn't make much noise. Is it fully submersible, if so you can adjust it to be just below the water-line to create the ripples so the motor is submerged.

A good hang-on filter I'd use for what your trying to achieve, as it will sound like a small waterfall. Looks great to if you can cover it.

Martyb wrote:

Im thinking to redirect the spray bar so that it creates a ripple on the surface. will this be ok???
Of course it will, as rippling the surface area is drawing in oxygen from the air into the water, just like waves at the beach.

Regards

Symphy ;)

Archived