co2 tanks

Nornicle

I bought a soda stream bottle and the head doesnt fit my regulator...

My regulator fits onto the dupla cylinders, but they are frigging expensive...

I was wondering if it fits on the dupla cylinders that it means its compatible with BOC co2 cylnders?

ill take a pic of my regulator..

its 23mm in diameter...

user posted image

Apparently the Dupla fitting is a standard CO2 fitting; I've seen the Dupla reg being used with a BOC gas V sized cylinder.

WRT to Soda Stream bottle, is that the new fancy looking one, or the old grey one?

Once you break the seal, that's it.

I had a look one day at K-Mart whilst waiting for my wife, and noticed the fitting looked different, so decided not to buy; looks like a good decision...

looks like soda stream may still be the go... I visited the brewer and he put me onto a cylinder seller and b) he has a friend who can make an adaptor for the soda stream bottles (i.e just unscrew your normal adaptor and attach this new one and screw that in to the soda stream bottle..

obviously the down side is that soda stream bottles dont have a valve to limit pressure from the cylinder itself..

I think the new bottle should be okay, because as I see it if the old ones worked with sera & the soda stream machine or whatever, then the new ones MUST work with the soda stream machines..

Not having a valve isn't a problem for pressure regulation, as the regulator does that, and the valve is generally in the full open position anyway. But how do you shut the gas off?

BTW, did you price the cylinder the brewer suggested?

you shut the gas off with solenoid, or you just unscrew the soda stream bottle from the regulator..

when I say adaptor I mean the bit that screws onto the bottle... you replace that.. the replacement can fit the soda stream bottle, and you connect it it 'depresses' the centre plug which 'opens' the valve

Somewhat like the butane canister I suppose. The Soda Stream bottle I saw was only 330g; how do you refill it (I assume it's an exchange program, so I don't think anyone else can fill it), and how much does it cost?

I'm still tempted if the cost is low enough, but realisticly I need a larger cylinder.

well C Thompson used the old cylinders for 6 months at a time i believe on his 4X2X2 planted...

i'll be underdosing co2 about 1 bubble/ second...

the cost is $29 for the bottle and like $18 or something everytime you exchange..

considering ease of exchange and heaps of locations for exchange, its almost a winner!

• 2 weeks later...
picked up a 4.5kg bottle of gas for $136 for rental + gas today!

Is that for a year? And did you get it from BOC Gas? Did they quote you on refills?

Which size tank is that (even better if you have a product code); we actually have an account with Air Liquide, but when I called, they professed no knowledge of small CO2 tanks, offering me a D size tank.

Hi Guys,

While investigating the whole CO2 thing I found something that you may be interested in:

Keg Systems (www.kegsystems.com.au) in NSW make a regulator designed to fit on Soda Stream bottles. Home brewers use them when doing homebrew kegs.

Pic Below:

user posted image

I was quoted $161 (incl. postage to WA) for the reg. Of course you would still need a needlevalve with this setup and it probably isn't worth it.

Apart from my small Dupla CO2 setup I think I'll take the plunge and rent a cylinder and use a Tunze CO2 regulator/needlevalve combo which seems to be excellent value and is a standard fitting.

Cheers,

Jon

Archived