I find this very disturbing and ugly.. Do you?

D6C1

What the ---- is that suposed to represent.

It looks as tho its been injected with a steriod which targets a particular site.

Well, if people are buying things like that I guess they really are going overboard.

Regards Symphy

What the ---- is that suposed to represent.

It looks as tho its been injected with a steriod which targets a particular site.

Well, if people are buying things like that I guess they really are going overboard.

what a butt Ar#&se ugly, vile creation this is.

this is a result of human interference with nature, to produce something wierd/wacky, to cater for the yuppy/must own different pet, type market. this is why avid cichlid lovers abhore cross breds of any fish and the proliferation of flowerhorns.

a lot of fish that are cross bred at the whim of humans are just fashion statments, flavour of the month type objects that are totaly disposable when a new fashion is produced.

how many 100's of fry would have been grossly deformed and wasted before that disgusting specimen was produced??

How the hell does the poor thing eat? :shock: may as well have poked his eyes out! :angry:

Speaking of horrid things, whilst on holidays in Brisbane in an asian aquarium I saw some "Unicorn" or "Rhino" flowerhorns - these guys had the first couple of spines in their dorsal fin left alone, a huge chunk missing, then the rest as per normal. Picture a 20cm fish with 5cm of the dorsal fin gone and a 5cm x 3cm chunk taken out of their back. :angry:

If only I could find a pic to post.

welcome to the asian market, the uglier the higher the price

remember this comes from a country were they eat anything with eyes.

you shouldn't be surprised, flowerhorns are just the tip of the iceburg

we are at the mercy of the importers....if there is a market they will come.

try buying something a little less popular.

i recently scoured the country looking for Dovii and nobody had them. why? cos they dont sell

its the same as the veija complex...

nobody wants them cos they dont colour up until they are 6inches

i agree totally with the trendy "Must have pet", post,

but while there is a market, some one will bring em out here

its the same as the veija complex...

nobody wants them cos they dont colour up until they are 6inches

Yeah, I've got the only 3 species I've ever seen up here (and one of those I brought up from Brizzy cause they were so uncommon) - if they had adults on display or pics of what they grew into on the tanks I'm sure they'd sell more. <_<

Archived