Buying a 40D

Matty

This question is aimed at DSLR users and future buyers.

I'm about to purchase a 40D enthusiasts kit from an Aussie online store for $1700 which I think is a bargain. The only catch is it's a Japanese imported stock. However it does come with full Canon warranty and the aus adapters.

How can I go wrong with this camera? Does anyone have any experience with imported stock? Or does anybody know of a similar price 40D kits that aren't imported?

If it is a grey market import the service warranty may not be honoured. Make sure it has an international warranty card and that Canon Australia will service it. (You need to call Canon Service). The Canon 40D with kit lens is readily available for under $1000 slightly used in Tokyo at the moment so new and used imported prices can only come down further if your patient.

Thanks mate. I've spoken to the seller and they said "if there are any warranty issues, send it back to us, and we'll get it serviced by Canon here in Sydney, Canon must abide by warranty laws"

I've also spoken to the NSW Dept of Fair Trading and they said, "there are no claims in regard to this business" which makes me feel a little better.

<_<

My 350D has got a buggered flash (I assume the bulb's blown) and it's got 3 pixel errors that go red. (you can only notice them when you take night shots)

The warranty is not a huge issue for me, It's more the quality of the product, but after some consultation, I'm not worried about that anymore.

The difference is with the adaptors you need (that come included) to fit australian ports.

i just got a canon 40d when my friend went to japan and she grabbed one for me . all up cost me $1200 for the body. only hassle is manual in japanese but u can just dl an english version. power point was easy enough to get a converter for. would do it again for sure. grey import is just as good an option.

Thanks a lot Gav, that's what I wanted to hear. It comes with an English manual (who reads manuals anyway!) and the aus adaptors.

Methinks I'm on a winner, thanks to Andy.

*Walks away singing...*

Here comes Santa Claus Here comes Santa Claus Right down Santa Claus Lane, Vixen and Blitz...

I have just done the same thing and it works fine. i have had it for 2 months now and it is awesome.

Do IT!!!!!

Tomist

Methinks I'm on a winner, thanks to Andy.

Geez if I had a dollar for everytime someone said that, I'd be able to buy a 40D :lol3:

You're leaving it a bit late if you want it for Christmas........

Archived