Aequidens rivulatus - Green Terror - what to do ?

Skeet182

I have one green terror in a 3 foot tank, it is the only fish in there and I have had him for 7+ years.

Since we have been together so long I am kind of attached to him, but the time has come to let him go. We have just moved house and there really is no place for the tank at the moment.

There is no way I want to take him down to the fish shop for 4 dollars and then some 6 year old child gets him and kills him. I would like to see him go to a good home.

There are a couple of problems here, the first is that I dont know what heshe is worth (around 5 or 6 inches long) and the second problem is I dont know how to find an enthusiast that actually wants him.

Any suggestions ? :confused:

There are a couple of problems here, the first is that I dont know what heshe is worth (around 5 or 6 inches long) and the second problem is I dont know how to find an enthusiast that actually wants him.

You say you have had him for 7 years or more but he still no more than 5 or 6 inches?

You say you have had him for 7 years or more but he still no more than 5 or 6 inches?

Yup, bought him in QLD when i lived on the gold coast and that was pre-2000.

I am looking at him now and he looks around 6 inches long.

Not sure if he should be bigger ? :confused:

Or peraps a mislabelled blue arcara.

That's my guess.

probably is, but regardless of that how can i find a good home for him rather than take him to the fish shop where a 6 year old will kill the poor thing :(

This forum has a classified section. You could apply for access and offer him for sale/give away. They are not a rare or expensive fish. I bought some at an LFS for $15 ea at 6 or 8cm. At a guess they would probably sell a 15cm one for around $30 or so. I'm assuming he is of good quality and not a hybrid GT of which there are a few around.

They are one of the most spectacular cheap fish you can buy. I sold my breeding pair for $30 and they looked like a million bucks!!!

But ya went to a good home.

I used to get around $4 each for fry so ya a lfs giving ya $4 is not so bad really. The fish is going to take up a whole selling tank and may be difficult to shift. Besides what lfs sells large cichlids to a 6 year old?

Archived