7 bars

midnightexpress

As the tank isn't even labelled 7 or 6 bar frontosa's. I wonder what they are selling them as, Maybe 6.5 bars. Does anyone know how much they are being sold for?

And I would have to blame the shop. Because I doubt if they would accept returns on these frontosa if a customer realised they weren't getting a good quality fish and wanted to get their money back.

CTTR

Last time I saw I think they were going for about $40 each. I could be wrong cos that was 3 weeks ago and my memory is a bit shady. :):

They have some good stock in some of the other tanks, just not the frontosa :) which disappoints me.

Cheers

Paul

I have to agree with Anita, the whole colours and barring thing, it's totally genetic, the intensity of the colour and the contrast in colour can be affected by diet and conditions, but the actual ability for the fish to express pigmentation, is a genetic trait.

I also have to agree with Ducksta, you frontosa people are nuts! And any species that gets people involved in it's reproduction always ends up looking weird, compared to it's wild form. All the breeders out there who select fish for looks and cull spawns accordingly, are driving the genetics of the frontosa (not just them) down a thin garden path. But thats the way it goes.

I prefer to select on other factors, by keeping the fry with aggresive species i get a little natural selection, coz they always clean up the the deformed or the slow or the stupid fish first, after they've killed of (eaten) half or so of the spawn, then i get involved and protect the fittest.

Everytime I have been to the LFSs in Canley Vale, I have always been disappointed at the quality of their Africans esp. the frontosas. My suggestion is to try another LFS if you want Africans as the LFSs in Canley Vale tend to only stock decent quality ornamental fish like goldfish, discus etc but nothing else.

I have always enjoyed going to St George aquarium as I can spend hours in there looking at different fish without getting bored. Having said that, make sure your wallet is thick enough when visiting St George.

Archived