Rams

CThompson

I’ve set myself up a small octagonal 105 litre planted tank, for my nana Petite. I’ve added just a few neons, with the half hearted intention on adding some rams (eventually). Well, when I say “planted” it is not strictly what I would call a Planted tank in that I don’t have special lighting, co2 or fertilisers and such, but it would be true to say that the tank’s prime reason for being set up is for the Petite, and the fish have secondary importance to me. For this reason I call it a planted tank, but only with a small “p”. :p

Only really half looking around at the moment, but I wanted to hear some feedback in regards to others opinion on the quality of Rams I have been seeing around. Not that I’ve seen many, but what I have seen has left me unimpressed.

Also, are they called “green rams”, “blue rams” or “blue-green rams”? Are these one in the same fish (with different common names) or different variants of the one man/line bred species?

If anyone knows of a good place (Sydney) to obtain these, private or retail, you’d be welcome to comment also.

Craig

I think Mike W has some blue rams if

they are the same as the ones you are

looking for :raisehand:

Hth

Matt

MikeW had a few German imports a couple of weeks ago in the classifieds (click here) to vire the post.

Never heard of Green Rams though :dntknw:

There is Blue and Gold though.....there seems to be a lot of very plain looking rams around...more to do with thinned strains I would guess though....the ones MikeW has look quite nice...definately worth a look though!

HTH

Jason

Archived