Best remedy to remove brush algae

glo

Hi,

I've got brush algae in my tank. I've had some success double dosing with excel. Gets rid of most but not all and it grows back. Also quite an expensive option on a 4ft tank.

Has anyone had success using other products (with no adverse effects on the fish)? I heard Seachem Healthguard? or a product from Azoo are good?

If anyone has had any success, I'd be interested to hear.

Nothing beats a double or triple dose of Flourich Excel. If you get a syring and squirt it directly onto the effected areas it will kill in days.

My SAE's are too old and lazy to bother with it.

Dave.

• 7 months later...

siamese algae eater

these guys do a good job eating the hairy algae and are a great fish not the nicest fish going around however schooling fish that get fair size but never see mine hasselsing my fish, i have also used Otocinclus but found they annyoned my discus by sucking on the sides, i would also suggest cutting back on the light in your tank for a few days,

also with the SAE make sure they are the 'real' ones, most LFS should know what you are talking about

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried all the options and the only real success I had was with the Seachem Excel. It beats the others hands down, bar none.

Dave.

i double dosed all my affected tanks yesterday with flourish excel, so waiting to see some results

cheers

matt

Archived